Pyongyang, August 26 (KCNA) -- In Sonjuk-dong, Kaesong City of the DPRK there are Sungyang School and Sonjuk Bridge, which were listed as world's cultural heritages. Sungyang School was built at the site of the ruined house of Jong Mong Ju (1337-1392), who was a bureaucrat competent in military affairs and diplomacy at the end of the Koryo Kingdom period (918-1392). It was rebuilt in 1573 during the Feudal Joson (Korea) Dynasty. Standing against Mt. Janam, the school played a role of disseminating Confucianism while giving education. It was called Munchung Hall and then renamed Sungyang School in 1575. The school has two dormitory buildings, a hall and a shrine. The stone-made Sonjuk Bridge, 8.35 meters long and 3.36 meters wide, was built across the Rogye Stream in the period of the Koryo Kingdom. The bridge, originally called Sonji Bridge, has been well known after Jong Mong Ju was killed by Ri Song Gye's men for his resistance to Ri's attempt to overthrow the dynasty. It has been told that a bamboo tree grew up on the spot where he was killed. Since then, the bridge has been called Sonjuk Bridge (juk means bamboo). In around 1780, Jong's descendants closed the bridge up with stone parapets and built another one nearby it. Seen alongside the bridge is a stone monument inscribed with letters "Sonjukgyo" (Sonjuk Bridge), written by Han Sok Bong, a noted calligrapher at that time.